Friday, September 12, 2014

Nostalgia Lasts a Lifetime

Nostalgia comes in many forms. Our friends Bill and Walker sent this video about the 1950s. Cultural icons, even fads, last for more than a few years, but the memories they create continues for a lifetime. 

Some of the pictures in this video literally brought tears of happiness thinking back to times of less stress, less worry and being oblivious to the problems of the world around me.

Enjoy scenes from my childhood. I was an avid reader and collector of all the comic books shown. The automat was my favorite restaurant treat in NYC.

I am curious as to which pictures create a clueless association for some people. There are things shown without a reference to what they were used for, so it may be confounding. Hit me up with an e-mail (drryanjames@gmail.com) if you cannot find the answer.


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment